Today I’m interviewing Jurgen Appelo and he has some very interesting ideas around activities one can do to help better manage teams.
Jurgen Appelo is pioneering management to help creative organizations survive and thrive in the 21st century. He offers concrete games, tools, and practices, so you can introduce better management, with fewer managers.
Topics covered in the show:
- How he fell into the “don’t micromanage” camp
- How sitting with his team was better than having his own office
- Why the job of management will always exist
- How personal maps improve team relationships
- Using kudos as a peer review ‘praise system’
- Why one would consider removing salary negotiations
- Setting bonuses by peer review
Advice for new managers:
- Manage systems, not people
Links and resources mentioned in the show:
Subscribe to MSP!