Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
Today I’m interviewing Kate Matsudaira who has had a lot of experience in big corporates, through startups and crowdfunding.
Kate Matsudaira specializes in building and operating large-scale web applications/sites and has extensive experience building and managing high performance teams that create really amazing technology to solve important problems.
Kate has also created a little notebook all about setting goals and achieving your dreams, called The Spark Notebook, funded via KickStarter.
Topics covered in the show:
- Alternatives to formal performance reviews
- The story behind The Spark Notebook
- Why one-on-ones are so important and how they build trust with your team
- Management is helping others be successful, grow, and develop
- Benefits of inserting oneself into new situations and taking charge
- Presenting a balanced view of your staff to your manager
- Parlaying the position you are in now for your next position
Advice for new managers:
- Talk to your manager about your goals and ways to get that experience
- Even if it’s not your job put your hand up when something needs doing
- Make sure you are knocking the ball out of the park
Links and resources mentioned in the show:
Subscribe to MSP!